1 Thessalonians 2:16-17

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord:

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hot, Cold, or Luke Warm?

I have heard that when you point a finger at someone, there are three fingers pointing back at you. So I guess this blog is meant for me.

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 (KJV)

A gift of eternal life.  WOW!!

I had a wonderful Christmas. Hubby was excited about the new power drill he got to replace the one that broke. My mother, an avid reader, loved all the books she got. The grandchildren had a blast playing with all of their toys. Everyone loved their Christmas presents and told everyone else about their presents.

but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.  How many of us are telling people about the greatest gift we received? Raise your hand. (Nope, mine isn't raised either.)

How many of us have loved ones, friends and/or family, that we just can't wait to hear from. We want to hear their voice, or read their email, or reply to their text. Maybe we can't wait to meet in some little coffee shop and just talk.

but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. How many of us spend time with the greatest love letter ever written, our Bible?

I love sports. I can't wait until opening day of baseball season to listen to that crack of the bat. During winter time, I watch football and keep tabs on my fantasy football teams. I check the stats and injury reports constantly. I get rid of the deadbeats and replace them with someone who will be productive. I even cheer them on like I would a real team. I celebrated when my fantasy team made it to the finals, only to lose and come in second.

but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. How many of us look around in our lives to get rid of deadbeat things and replace them with something that will be productive for the Lord.

Now, you might ask, what does all of this have to do with my original purpose of this blog?

Revelation 2:4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou has left thy first love. (KJV)

Revelation 3:15-16 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot. I would thou wert cold or hot. 16] So then because thou are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of my mouth. (KJV)

Like I said at the beginning, this blog is for me. How many people have I told about the wonder gift I received? How many times do I turn off the TV and just read what my Lord has to say to me? How much time do I spend on "stuff" of this world that, 10 years down the road won't make any difference, let alone make a difference during my eternal life?

Revelation 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. (KJV)

The Lord is coming back for his Bride soon. The question I ask myself is, How eager am I to be standing face to face with Jesus as He looks at my life?

God Willing, until next time

Maranatha

No comments:

Post a Comment