1 Thessalonians 2:16-17

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord:

Thursday, January 6, 2011

God Bless America?

I am an American patriot. I love my country. I fly my flag. I honor and thank our military.

But I grieve for my Nation. I fear that the United States will soon fall under God's judgement.

I listen to all the talk shows, politicians, and the "experts". Each one has an answer for what to to do to save our country. Unfortunately, none of them has the right answer.

Can the United States of America be saved from destruction?

If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 (NKJV)

I remember when I was a child, many years ago, we would open our school day with the reading of the Bible and a prayer, usually The Lord's Prayer.

9 In this manner, therefore, pray:

      Our Father in heaven,
      Hallowed be Your name.
       10 Your kingdom come.
      Your will be done
      On earth as it is in heaven.
       11 Give us this day our daily bread.        12 And forgive us our debts,
      As we forgive our debtors.
       13 And do not lead us into temptation,
      But deliver us from the evil one.
      For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.
Mathew 6:9-13 (NKJV)

Even as a child, that brought comfort to me. I just felt that God was watching over me. Then, in 1963, in the case of Murray vs. Curlett, the U.S. Supreme Court banned organized prayer in public schools.

Then January 22, 1973, a little-known ruling called Roe vs Wade, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in favor of abortion, under the right to privacy. While the Church slept, the murder of unborn children became legal.

Thou shalt not kill. Exodus 20:13 (KJV)

13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.  14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. Psalm 139:13-14 (KJV)

Now, this past December, Don't Ask, Don't Tell was repealed. I'm not a hater and I'm not a homophobe, but God calls homosexuality a sin - an abomination.

Oh, you're saying I'm not being tolerant? You're saying that I'm judging? Sorry, Jesus NEVER taught us to tolerate sin. SIN IS SIN. (Please note: those are God's words, not mine. If you don't like it, tell Him.)

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. Leviticus 18:22 (NKJV)

Remember Sodom and Gomorrah?

20 Then He (Jesus) began to rebuke the cities in which most of His mighty works had been done, because they did not repent: 24 "But I say to you that it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment than for you." Matthew 11: 20,24 (NKJV)

I sat down and re-read the book of  Lamentations today. The prophet of Jeremiah was lamenting over the destruction of Jerusalem. Jeremiah loved Jerusalem and did his best to warn the people that judgement was coming. Unfortunately, no one listened and the Babylonians came. There are many of us now out here, warning the people of the United States of the coming judgement. And just like before, people are not listening. This is why I grieve for my Nation.

Is it unexpected? Not really.

1 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 2 Timothy 3:1-4 (NKJV)

We have removed God from our lives and our nation. We have murdered millions of unborn children. We have legitimized a lifestyle that God calls an abomination. Can the United States be saved from destruction?

If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 (NKJV)

Unless there is a miracle, my answer would be no. But I will still be sounding the warning until God calls me home.

God willing, until next time

Maranatha

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you mentioned Jeremiah and his love for his people in Judah. There are many in the USA who love our nation almost as dearly as he did. I like that you used the word "grieve". That is exactly what it feels like when the righteous (and by righteous, I simply mean the saved) are told that their "religion" is no longer regarded as sacred anymore and that we "believers" need to mind our own business and keep our "faith" confined within our churches and homes...like outcasts, we have no more voice in the public square. By telling us they support religious freedom, the reality is they support every other religion except Christianity. Don't believe me? See how quickly a child reading Bible verses is ushered out of the classroom, but the same child reading from the q'uran is encouraged. I've seen it happen. Yes, I grieve too, but the Lord warned us that the days would be like they are, so I'm not surprised...sad...but not surprised. What is our response? Just like the 2Chronicles passage says - we repent, we seek God and we pray the HE will heal our land. We stand firm till the end...and we pray...that's all He's asked us to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The day is coming when being a professing Christian will be outlawed in the United States. The apostate church will be allowed to continue, but to preach and warn against sin will be considered intolerant. I can't shut up and hide anymore. I have to speak the truth. God has put in on my heart to sound the warning. Time is getting short my friend. Then comes the judgement. That will be hell on Earth.

    ReplyDelete